• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

680i TRUE x16 Three Way Sli?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SHUBEAR

Registered
Hi there, just thinking about going onto three way sli, does this board support true three way sli and 45nm quads?

Thanks

As far as I know your board supports 45nm CPU's but since it only has 2x PCI-E x16/x8 slots you can't run three way sli at all.

I believe the 680i actually does support tri-sli. But where as the 780i has PCI-e 2.0 x16 for tri-sli (x16 on all slots), the 680i has PCI-e v1.1 and runs two cards at x16 and the third at x8. I'm 90% sure about this.

NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI 2 x16 or 3-way 16, 16, 8

NVIDIA nForce 680i LT SLI 2 x16 16, 16, 8

NVIDIA nForce 650i SLI 2 x8 8, 8 or 16 (single)

The LT dont support 3way, but if its a 680I SLI ( not an LT ) yourr good for 3 cards. The LT can be used for a 2way with a 3rd Physx card ... its gona work since it have 3 PCIe slot.

Have fun !

( this is from NVIDIA site, you can still refer to the full tech spec of your specific board )

Edit : correct some typo ...

Last edited:
Confirm via the board specs...

Also one thing to note, 45nm wasnt native to 680i boards. It was working with a bios flash around release time. 780i was the first to natively support it.

ah, I see. Thats some good advice you gave thier

( this is from NVIDIA site, you can still refer to the full tech spec of your specific board )

. Sorry for missing it.

A lot of us know that certain chipsets can sometimes do things they wern't possibly designed for. Nice way to point that out. :beer:

ah, I see. Thats some good advice you gave thier

. Sorry for missing it.

A lot of us know that certain chipsets can sometimes do things they wern't possibly designed for. Nice way to point that out. :beer:

Hmm, would there be much a difference of performance with x16,x16,x8 rather than x16(x3)?

nearly nothing from the reviews ive read. but dont go 4x ( some X58 mobo are 16x,16x,4x and this was a bottleneck.

16x,16x,8x is enough but with a 775 socket, 2way SLI seems to be enough, 3way dont scale very well. Get 2 GTX275 or 2 GTX285 and you can eat any games you want !

oh, one more question, does this mobo even support my cpu? lol, i checked on the xfx website, but isnt there a bios update out to make it support it ? :S

Back