• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Somebody is embarrassed!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
What a well deserved promotion. :beer:

Congrats IMOG. Of course now they really are going to put the screws to yah lol

Thanks for the congrats! :beer:

Chancecoats, your suggestion is noted. In the future, please make promotion suggestions via PM.

Don't ban please! Please Don....oh wait, your only an admin. Now you sit in the back room messing with all the stuff behind the scenes ;)

Congratulations!

Being an admin is a lot of work, especially at this point, where we at the cusp of an upgrade. :)

Ya, the upgrade (vBulletin upgrade last week) has been pretty time intensive following up with iNet and tracking feedback. If they can get our performance issues straightened out, that will get a lot better. Right now Rackspace has completed provisioning the DB server, so Mat Sumpter will be performing some extensive testing prior to offloading our searches to it as our slave DB server (a week away is optimistic IMO). That's when we'll find out if our performance problems disappear.

I've been exchanging emails with iNet every business day since the upgrade, giving them feedback on what they've tried so far and tracking progress on the new server.

Once we're through fixing the problems, there are other areas to focus on still that should prove to be exciting for everyone. In the meantime, if your still experiencing hangs, time warps, double posts, and so forth - head to forum feedback and let us know.

I.M.O.G. doesn't have to worry about swingin' his red ban hammer on spammers anymore. He won't have that much time to waste on 'em.

He'll be too busy swingin' that red sledge hammer tuning up the forum internals.

We've still got plenty of lighter and quicker green ban hammers to take care of any forum malefactors around here ;)

:clap: Congrats I.M.O.G. :clap:

Back