• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Help with Rampage 2 Extreme & i7920 (3849)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sharan_ahuja

Hi Guys,
Im a bit of a Noob. I just went out and purchased the following and I need some help getting stable OC's. So if really looking for some help on a step by step procedure on how to OC my equipment:-

MOBO : ASUS Rampage 2 Extreme - (BIOS 1406)
CPU : i7920 (Batch 3849)
CPU Cooling : TRUE 120 Black (Push Pull with Scythe Jyuni)
RAM : Corsair Dominator 6GB DDR3 CL-8 Kit
GPU : 2x MSI ATI HD 4890 (stock Cooling)
PSU : Corsair HX-1000W
HDD : Boot Drive 300 GB WD Raptor
1 TB WD
500 GB WD
Case : Antec 1200 with 2 Scythe jyuni's inside

I am stable on stock speeds OCCT 1 hour. I did manage to push my BCLK to 160 with Vcore 1.23v (Load Line Calibration Enabled) QPI 1.35 & DRAM 1.65, XMP enabled and RAM downclocked to 1604 timmings entered manually (8-8-8-24-2T) to attain some stability. I OOCT'ed the system for half an hour... stable without any temp issues. However I crash out of CRYSIS in about 15 minutes sometimes with a BSOD, sometimes with my system just hanging/freezing). Just to eliminate hardware issues I reverted to stocks to find my machine perfectly stable on Crysis 2 hrs. The minute I OC with the aforementioned Values I freeze/crash. I'm running WIN7 RC1 7100, ATI Catalyst 9.7, without OC'ing my cards as well.

I did do a fresh install just to eliminate any software bugs as well. With the above I have narrowed it down to an OC issue and am really looking forward to some help with this system.

thanks

Back