• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

asus maximus motherboard problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hoggie

Can anybody help me, i have a maximus motherboard and can not get it to post. The lcd poster says cpu init so i was going to purchase a new bios chip with the latest updates but i cannot see a chip on the board that is removable, has this board got one or is it a fixed one on the board that is not replaceable, has any one got any ideas how to fix it.

Nope, you cannot remove the bios chip from the board, it's soldered on. Your best bet would be:

A) Get a P4/Celeron cpu (775) and flash the bios that way or
B) Send the board in to Asus for RMA (repair) and have them flash it for you.

Btw welcome to O/C Forums.

Can anybody help me, i have a maximus motherboard and can not get it to post. The lcd poster says cpu init so i was going to purchase a new bios chip with the latest updates but i cannot see a chip on the board that is removable, has this board got one or is it a fixed one on the board that is not replaceable, has any one got any ideas how to fix it.

The bios is a solder on type not removable :(
clear your cmos and remove the battery for maybe an hour or so, pop the battery back in and try once more, if you still get cpu init then I would guess its RMA time, you can also try to pop the cpu out as well as the cmos reset

The bios is a solder on type not removable :(
clear your cmos and remove the battery for maybe an hour or so, pop the battery back in and try once more, if you still get cpu init then I would guess its RMA time, you can also try to pop the cpu out as well as the cmos reset

Thanks, i tried taking the battery out for a day and clear the cmos, still no joy, i wouldent know how to RMA the board or where to send it, have you got an address or should i give it up as a bad job.

this happened to my asus p5n 32 e sli 680i!! the most unstable motherboard ever!!! but a good overclocker!!!
i was updating the bios - no overclocking - after it said it updated i rebooted it and nothing.....it died! i tried flashing the bios throught a pen drive, through the mobo CD nothing......so i sent it back to microdirect for a RMA...
this takes ages!!! it took me 6 weeks!!! i had to tell them every step i took - they immediately said it was my fault which i wasnt happy about, then after about an hour of telling this guy what is wrong with it - he accepted the RMA - i bought an asus p5kpl in the mean time - a top little board i might add! then about 2 weeks before my 32sli came back i bought an asus p5q deluxe - best thing i did - its got that dual bios thing - so if 1 fails due to overclocking the 2nd chip will restore the first

Back