• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

p45 diamond msi question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

||BOD||FLUX

Registered
I have an msi p45 diamond I bought a 4 gig clip of patriot 2000mhz ddr3 for the board, but the board sees the memory as 1066 not 2000 how do I fix this

I looked all through the bios and the fastest i can get the memory to run 1333 with a 1:20 setting
the boards on msi tell me to use the extreme memory setting on the bios, but there is no extreme setting I can find can any one help? I spent a small fortune for 2000mhz that this board says it supports and it is running at half that speed

thanks
main board msi p45 diamond
bios is 1.5
chip core duo E8500
video 8800ultra
mem 4gig patriot 2000mhz ddr3
win xp pro sp3

YIkes, 1600Mhz for everything but the extremeoverclockers....

Anyway, I will tell you I dont know the board but it may only reach those speeds while overclocking. It says that in the newegg description --> Memory Standard DDR3 2000 (O.C) / 1600 (O.C.) / 1333

ok after spending over an hour on the phone and about 6 emails ( I must say msi has the worst email customer service i have ever experienced the guy was rude and refused to answer any questions at all) I did have good luck with telephone customer serive he was polite and worked very hard to try to answer my question.

MSI answer to the question of memory speed is the only way I can get 2000mhz on the memory is to over clock the unit to hell and back. so I'm just screwed on the money blown on 2000mhz memory although their box and their web site both state 2000 mhz is supported( http://www.msicomputer.com/product/p_spec.asp?model=P45_Diamond&class=mb ) the tech guy after talking to one of the engineers stated that the only way to speed my memory up to 2000 or even just 1600 was to start overclocking the front side bus, but to reach 2000 is way beyond the possibility of my chip so essentially they lied on their box and their site. thay have no bios set up that allows you to set your memory to the speeds they advertise

I could advertise my Tahoe as a boat and then tell you the only way for it to be a boat is for you to make into one but I don't support that use of your tahoe . That is essentially the answer I got from msi

I still really like the board and it runs great, but if they had been up front about what it can do i would have saved over 100 bucks and bought the slower 1333 that is the max this board supports and put that money into a video card. I AM A VERY UNHAPPY CUSTOMER WITH MSI AND DON'T PLAN TO BE A CUSTOMER OF THEIRS AGAIN

Back