• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5K Deluxe & PCIEx16_2 question.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dylskee

I just bought a GTX 285 and I put it in with the stock cooler. I'm going to put an EK water block on it but I'm not doing that until I get my new case. So I just have my cpu in the loop right now, I go to put the video card in and there is no way it will fit thanks to the location of the sata ports! I have never run a video card without a water cooling block on it so I never encountered this issue. Anyway, I put the card in the secondary slot, will this hinder my performance at all? The manual states "Universal PCI-E slot max x4 mode." Am I going to take a performance hit?

I have the same mobo and card. I had to use 90° sata cables to use all the ports; the card ****-blocks, ahem, cable-blocks. Does your cooler actually prevent you from physically installing the card in the main slot? I think the second port is only 4X, I can't recall if that will actually hinder performance or not, I thought that 8x won't but 4X will? Need more input here.

Edit: I'm using all six sata ports AND the one IDE with the stock cooler.

I have the same mobo and card. I had to use 90° sata cables to use all the ports; the card ****-blocks, ahem, cable-blocks. Does your cooler actually prevent you from physically installing the card in the main slot? I think the second port is only 4X, I can't recall if that will actually hinder performance or not, I thought that 8x won't but 4X will? Need more input here.

Edit: I'm using all six sata ports AND the one IDE.

Yeah, there's no way I can fully insert it with the regular sata cables there, It doesn't look like 90° cables would even help but I might give it a try. (LOL!!! ****-blocks)

thats a neat trick :)

i have that board too, it was a tight fit with my old 88gtx, but i was able to use them all without the 90° connectors :)

By the looks of it I would need 90° very low profile to fit that card in there! I wasn't planning on water cooling the video card for a month or two or until I found a new case but I might have to buy a new case soon!

Back