• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5Q BIOS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AZN

AznSniper
im getting a q9550 chip tomorrow and i was wondering if anyone have better luck with a certain bios version. i wanted to get some good numbers out of the chip so every little bit to tweak the board i want to try thanks.

He already has the Deluxe which has the better memory tables over the Pro and lesser. But I would still get mbios from KET. m2001(?) was solid for me.

He already has the Deluxe which has the better memory tables over the Pro and lesser. But I would still get mbios from KET. m2001(?) was solid for me.

Would this be practical for me? I'm on the default bios from 2008. I'm OC'd to 3Ghz on standard cooling and I max out about 58C right now. Going below 1.3Vcore causes occasional stability issues.

Would this bios allow me to go lower on vcore and up to about 3.33Ghz without adding temp?

Cheers

Also since the board is dual bios I can just swap them if sh*t goes south right?

Some have better luck than others with the mBios. Some have reported being able to lower their voltages, others have not. I had the best luck with the m1603 bios, but I also had a regular Pro.

I'm using the 2102(2101? 2001? 2something...) ket bios.
It seems like it might have helped a little bit, but it certainly didn't hurt.

Some have better luck than others with the mBios. Some have reported being able to lower their voltages, others have not. I had the best luck with the m1603 bios, but I also had a regular Pro.

I'm using the 2102(2101? 2001? 2something...) ket bios.
It seems like it might have helped a little bit, but it certainly didn't hurt.
These! :) :soda:

Drink Pepsi! Or mountain dew, made by pepsi, at least.

I did manage to get 200mhz higher then on a normal bios, but the thing holding me back is a core defect, so i don't know whether it was random luck or the bios that held it stable long enough for wprime and a screenshot :p

Drink Pepsi! Or mountain dew, made by pepsi, at least.

I did manage to get 200mhz higher then on a normal bios, but the thing holding me back is a core defect, so i don't know whether it was random luck or the bios that held it stable long enough for wprime and a screenshot :p

How do you know it is a core defect- and do you mean a defect in the core architechture (endemic to all core chips) or to your specific processor core?

My second core (labeld core1) consistantly runs .5s slower in wprime then core0, as well as being the one that always fails prime95/superpi.
I have yet to see core0 fail at any speed, but core1 does constantly without lots of volts >3.3ghz.

Back