• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Xonar D2 asio issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

moonshake

Hey there,
I´ve bought a new rig and after a fresh Xp Sp3 install and Xonar D2 drivers, I can´t find the ASIO plug-in in any audio app ( Winamp, Foobar2000, etc.)
I´ve tryed placing the cmasiop.dll in Winamp plug-in folder but nothing happens. The same dll is in the located at the system32 folder too, and I´ve also tryed installing different versions of the Xonar inferno-driver.
Any help will be appreciated!

Thanks. You may be right about KS. I still don´t know why I can´t see asio driver in Winamp or Media Monkey plug-in section. Meanwhile, I´m testing KS. Seems that I´m gonna miss Xonar´s clips&pops...

Thanks. You may be right about KS. I still don´t know why I can´t see asio driver in Winamp or Media Monkey plug-in section. Meanwhile, I´m testing KS. Seems that I´m gonna miss Xonar´s clips&pops...

Never had a clip or pop out of my Xonar in 2 years. I think we have the same card
Asus-XONARD2-A455-2618-main%5B1%5D.jpg

ASIO4ALL will let Foobar etc recognize the card as ASIO but I personally prefer the sound color I get out of KS with low latency.
I've personally found the best sound with Foobar, KS (32 bit) at like 350 or < ms and the process priority for foobar set to high on this card.

Never had a clip or pop out of my Xonar in 2 years.
No, no... lol, I mean the Xonar asio driver not the hardware itself (sweet, warm, cristal clear sound all the way).
I don´t like asio4all. Used Kx drivers ins old cards too. I´m testing kernel streaming now as you recommended, running fine.
The annoying thing is that I can´t see the proprietary XONAR_Asio driver in sound app´s options, even if I copy the DLL manually. Taht´s what bothers me a bit.
Also prefer Winamp over Foobar

No, no... lol, I mean the Xonar asio driver not the hardware itself (sweet, warm, cristal clear sound all the way).
I don´t like asio4all. Used Kx drivers ins old cards too. I´m testing kernel streaming now as you recommended, running fine.
The annoying thing is that I can´t see the proprietary XONAR_Asio driver in sound app´s options, even if I copy the DLL manually. Taht´s what bothers me a bit.
Also prefer Winamp over Foobar

Neither can I. I don't mind.

As per preferring Winamp to Foobar...
I can't see the logic there.. Unless you have lower end speaker, earphones where a better 'full sound' would be perceived vs a warmer fuller but much less detailed soundstage when compared to foobar.

I agree that Winamp does overall sound like a decent Stereo on good speakers, but Foobar sounds like the same Stereo with a much better AMP on it-- if at the cost of a SLIGHT amount of soundstage quality. It also sometimes sounds ever so slightly less coherent- but I assume this is a latency issue and my fault.

Back