• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

so confused

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

scoobydoo

I have been looking at selling off a few older laptops and getting a newer one, but I am so confused over the cpu thing

There seem to be 5 different variants from both AMD and Intel. I have decided on an Intel based laptop, but am not sure which cpu is better than any other cpu

Pentium Dual core, Core Duo, Txxxx, SUxxxx, etc

Can anyone please explain these or put them in order from best option to worst option?

After I figure this out maybe I can move on to my confusion with the graphics numbers:(

Pentium Dual is like core duo but with less cache. So there is pentium dual, core duo, core 2 duo. The higher Tx number the better then it goes to Px for core 2 duo. Scratch that my last comment, it really depends how you use your system. It would be easier to compare specific processors than processor's names.

Last edited:
Back