• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS P5K Deluxe dying?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GBH

I've had problems playing some of my games for a few months now. First it was just a "Drivers have crashed and recovered" error and then this would happen at random times http://i40.tinypic.com/2w32446.jpg

I believed all the errors was my GTX 260 so i had it RMA'ed. I get it back and boom I get the drivers error again. Then I get the weird stuff happening in the picture i posted up. Then something weird would happen when playing CS 1.6 where the image on my screen is looping, but the game is going on as normal. If i alt tab its back to normal.

Now since Ive RMA'ed my video card, the only thing I could think it could be is my mobo.

Opinions/advice ?

Do some gaming and get everything all warmed up, then when it seems likely that it is about to crash (or when it crashes) give all the various heatsinks a feel.
It sounds like something is getting hot to me.

You might also try wiping the drivers clean and reinstalling them, or wiping the entire OS and reinstalling it (do you have another HDD? If so, do a clean install and see if it still happens).

I doubt its the mobo as well. Mobos generally dont cause graphic corruption. Like bob mentioned, uninstall the current drivers you have in safe mode with Driver Cleaner Pro (its free), and try another set of drivers and see if that doesnt stop it.

I also agree it may be a temp issue. Run Furmark test and see what your temps go to.

I assume you are talking to the OP (if so quote him)? but just in case you were talking to me, Mine was locked at 100Mhz on my P5Q Deluxe.

I'm at work And on my iPhone so I cannot give exact temps but they were in th low 50's. I backed off to stock settings on the 260 and made the fan speed stay permanently at 80% when the problem first came thinking it was heat as well. Nothing had changed.

I reinstalled Vista Home Premium 32 bit and only installed steam and evga precision. Ran CS and same thing happened.

I've used drive cleaner pro to install about 6 different drivers and all of them crashed.

Sorry for not giving more info in my original post.

Last edited:
Back