• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

starting over

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

taco1916

Registered
ok, so i've basically just started from scratch again....4 months after my last upgrade lol!!!:screwy:

now im running an E8500 on an asus striker II formula mobo, which, so far ive managed to clock to 4Ghz with absolutely no problems.

core temp readings are:
idle: 39°
load: 49°
...still on air, tho i added 2x120mm fans to my coolermaster gemini cpu cooler.

cpu:
bus speed: 420Mhz
Rated FSB : 1700Mhz
Multi: 9.5

ram:
frequency: 504Mhz
ratio: 5/6
timings: 5-7-7-19
bank cycle: 31
CR: 2T

the only voltages i have changed are vCore to 1.36v & ram to 2.1v, the rest are set to auto.

anyone have any suggestions on what other voltages i should be adjusting? and should i change the fsb/ram ratio?

also, ive read that the NB & SB get extremely hot, so should i look at replacing the stock coolers as i'd probably need to increase the voltage to them as well? if so, anyone got any suggestions on good coolers for them. i already have a zalman NB cooler from my previous build, but havent fitted it yet

cheers folks

NB is the only other voltage I ever increase other than cpu/ram. You should only need to up that if you are having problems with posting or using 4 or more dimms.

As for the NB temp, my DFI was hitting 58c before I added a small fan to it. Now it doesnt go above 50c. If yours is over 50c then I would add a small fan to help cool it.

I used a fan from an old Intel HS I had laying around with a rheostat.

Read this guide if you havent already. Has some good info on the NB.
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=515316

It doesn't look like you can remove your NB heatsink due to the heatpipes, I'm not sure how big the heatsink is but can you not put a 60mm fan on their?

thats what i was thinking:S

maybe sticking a fan on would work just as well

i'll go with that jm.
coolings is pretty good, 2x120mm fams on my cpu, 140mm fan on side panel, 120mm fan front and rear, and a 80mm exhaust on top

Back