• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I7 comming, need a mobo :d

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Metallica

I have an I7 d0 comming pretty soon here (thanks broll), so I need a mobo

I don't want to spend to much, but I want to get all I can out of this chip, with future plans of some DICE runs.

Any suggestions? I was looking at the ASUS Ramp GENE, but I'm not to sure how I'll like MATX .. so who knows =p

I'd like to spend 200 - 270ish :eek:

^^

i was looking at that board too, but there was something the full sized one had, that the baby one didnt, and i cant remember what it was lol.. but i think its kind of important :/

my last 4 boards have been asus, and theyve treated me well, ill probably stick with em.

i wish i could remember what it was.. yes. i can say my brain is like a sponge.

but not the way you think!

it doesnt sop up enormous amounts of info, no.. but it does seem to have as many holes as a sponge :(

mooooo

^^

i was looking at that board too, but there was something the full sized one had, that the baby one didnt, and i cant remember what it was lol.. but i think its kind of important :/

my last 4 boards have been asus, and theyve treated me well, ill probably stick with em.

i wish i could remember what it was.. yes. i can say my brain is like a sponge.

but not the way you think!

it doesnt sop up enormous amounts of info, no.. but it does seem to have as many holes as a sponge :(

mooooo

haha, well I have a few options. I can get a RIIE for 260$, which I'm pretty set on. Also, I can get the DFI board, for 220$.

But, I plan on some DICE runs, and from what I've heard, alot of the sub 300$ boards can only go so high. So there not to good for extreme clocks.

The EVGA classified and the RIIE are pretty similar, and alow insane clocks. So if I can still grab that ASUS on saterday, I'm set. Hopfully .. lol :beer:

i remembered what it was, actually the p6t? i think it was featured 775 mounting, but im just going to grab the 1366 mounting kit and use my current cooler. hopefully these fans will be what seperates the men from the boys llol :D

if it doesnt, then i will tough it out for a bit then move to water!

since ive been wanting to do that for awhile, but couldnt justify it :(

this is comeing from a guy who can justify anything!

if i put my mind to it lol :)

check out the ex58-extreme or ex58-ud5, i hear they are pretty good boards! mu extreme is in the post right now! cant wait!!

My Foxconn BloodRage GTI has been fantastic. ~$229 CDN at newegg right now. $249 for the full version with SAS, fancy mosfet Heatsinks and interchangable NB cblocks.
BIOS is fairly extensive and easy to navigate/use.

Back