• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Oh boy woops my asus p6t se mobo has no floppy connector what to do?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ItsGonnaBlow

Wow things change fast this is my first upgrade in years bought an asus p6t se mobo never thinking to check to see if theres a floppy connector...eek no none.

All I need a floppy for are my 10000 rpm disk drive raid drivers. XP wont install without them crap what can I do? :bang head

USB floppy or slipstream the necessary drivers into your installation media

Ah a usb floppy didnt even know there was such a thing. I guess the bios will see it before mobo drivers are installed so it works?
I saw something about vista not needing the raid drivers which makes me wonder...is quad core more suited to vista than xp...is it faster or just disaster? I guess it would be foolish to buy vista with win 7 coming out here at some point or does vista work properly now? Im planning on overclocking and heavy gaming if that makes any difference. Thanks for your help.

Yes its perfectly stable I haven't really found anything that doesn't work

if you really wana stick with XP, i would just slipstream the drivers in with nlite. not sure the usb floppy will work with win xp installer.

Most do but slipstreaming would be better since you probably don't have a SP3 disc anyways. Two birds one stone.

Hmm well I think I may try win7 and get a usb floppy too if they are cheap and go back to xp if win7 fails. Sadly I still use a floppy now and then anyways along with my horse-drawn carriage ;)
Thanks again for your help.

Don't waster your time. XP will not use a USB floppy as a floppy when loading RAID drivers. It has to be IDE. I've been there and done that in the past because I didn't want to open my machine and I would use my laptop's USB floppy.

Back