• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Odd problem with EVGA 790i Ultra

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Llew

Registered
Hey folks

I need some advice cause I am out of ideas. I am currently running a Q9450 on a EVGA 790i Ultra wiht 2gb of OCZ3N1800SR2GK and a 9800GX2. The problem I am having is this, at stock speeds the system doesn't always post. One out of 5 times i start the machine I get nothing but a black screen. The system isn't making any diagnostic beeps or anything. Also I have had two cases of corrupted windows.

Things I have done so far:
system passes memtest with flying colours when it posts
Replace PSU with another OCZ Gamexstream 700w
RMA Ram
build system outside of case to rule out any shorts.
down clock memory with slack timings
over volt memory to 1.95v instead of the recommended 1.9v

I know these boards are finicky, but i don't know what else to do. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Hey folks

I need some advice cause I am out of ideas. I am currently running a Q9450 on a EVGA 790i Ultra wiht 2gb of OCZ3N1800SR2GK and a 9800GX2. The problem I am having is this, at stock speeds the system doesn't always post. One out of 5 times i start the machine I get nothing but a black screen. The system isn't making any diagnostic beeps or anything. Also I have had two cases of corrupted windows.

Things I have done so far:
system passes memtest with flying colours when it posts
Replace PSU with another OCZ Gamexstream 700w
RMA Ram
build system outside of case to rule out any shorts.
down clock memory with slack timings
over volt memory to 1.95v instead of the recommended 1.9v

I know these boards are finicky, but i don't know what else to do. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Do you have the memory installed in the black slots? Is your cpu OC'ed??

Last edited:
Back