• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone else running Q9550 C1 @ 4ghz. 500FSB??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Storm2313

What's up gentlemen?
I was wondering if anyone else has my CPU and motherboard combo (EP45-UD3P rev. 1) running 500FSB @ 4ghz..? Just wanna compare tweaking notes..

:welcome: all the input...:thup:

Attachments

• Capture 3.JPG
    Capture 3.JPG
    150.3 KB · Views: 363
  • Capture 4.JPG
    Capture 4.JPG
    152.4 KB · Views: 331
  • PICT0766.jpg
    PICT0766.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 342
Can you resize/thumbnail those pictures?

What is your question? Just taking a quick glance, PLL and CPUt are VERY high for that FSB/clockspeed. I believe I can run 1.57PLL and 1.40 CPUt.

I have been all around it with Q9450 and Q9650 at 500FSB....

I know that's what most have said..

:thup:I have to be honest I have been using these settings now for over 8 months and without ill effect..Lucky maybe, however I have to say other than the Anandtech article on VTT being a silent killer no one else through GOOGLE research has ever posted a cpu being killed by VTT....I'm comfortable with the CPU's safety..

I wouldn't mind going lower in volts ever, however my stability suffers.(OCCT 3.1 won't run the test if I drop the voltages below these settings it hard locks the system) I also have a C1 stepping Q9550 which seems to require more voltage..

I'm open to your suggestions just explaining to what I've found..

I was just wondering who else is runnig this speed cause I've seen so many posts @ 4ghz yet 500FSB seems untouched..

Last edited:
I know your point makes sense..

Please give me some examples of what you think I could adjust to make it around lower voltages. I already set ET6 to auto went to 500 FSB and worked my way down manually on all voltages through OCCT testing to find my limits with the voltages I adjusted..

Maybe I'm missing something? I heard about GTL REF voltages, but once again I have stumbled across allot of different views some say they help greatly while others don't see a difference, and then safety once again comes up..:rolleyes:

I appreciate your suggestions..

I can only give you my examples I already listed.... 1.40v CPUt and 1.57v PLL for 500FSB on Q9450 and Q9650.

GTLref can help lower VTT and vcore a bit. I leave that on auto myself.

Last edited:
thought I was the only one..

I leave them on auto also.. Funny thing is the quads an this board I haven't seen as much as the dual cores, The settings are more hit and miss.

I did have a thought though and I noticed something you can check in my screenshots why is my power on voltage different from target?

Could it be the board undervolts? I saw a variance under the cpu page where it lists ghz and fsb also under ET6..I also have LLC enabled.

Seems strange and has been making me wonder.:confused:

I dont use that software so I dont know. I o/c through the bios. I use CPUz to tell me my vcore. Everything else I dont worry about and dont change anything in windows. BIOS is the 'proper' way to do it.

Resize/thumbnail those pix! :)

Back