• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P6T SE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nebulous

Dreadnought Class Senior
Just picked this board up locally super cheap. Has evrything in the retail box. Unfortunately the previous owner modded the board by removing the NB sink. He did this by hacking off the heatpipe that goes from the NB sink to the VRM sink.

He filed down the remainder of the heatpipe off the VRM sink and reused the VRM sink, but used a Thermaltake Extreme Spirit II Northbridge Cooler on the NB.

Besides this, the board is pretty much intact. Was thinking of swapping the MSI board and test driving the Asus.

Any thoughts?

The SE is the budget board right? Would be interesting to see how it performs compared to the higher priced P6T and deluxe...

The SE is the budget board right? Would be interesting to see how it performs compared to the higher priced P6T and deluxe...

I think the only difference from P6T to P6TSE is that the SE is missing some mostly useless things. The most useful item that is missing is the NV SLI chip. The other missing features are EZ Raid, Reset button and floppy connector. The power delivery system is the same I believe.

I think the Deluxe gives you the 16+2 power system instead of the 8+2 and a TPM module and beefier heatsinks. Could be some other stuff maybe that I am missing, a difference in sound or network chip?

I think the only difference from P6T to P6TSE is that the SE is missing some mostly useless things. The most useful item that is missing is the NV SLI chip. The other missing features are EZ Raid, Reset button and floppy connector. The power delivery system is the same I believe.

I think the Deluxe gives you the 16+2 power system instead of the 8+2 and a TPM module and beefier heatsinks. Could be some other stuff maybe that I am missing, a difference in sound or network chip?

Ah right ok, so it really is a comparison between the SE and the deluxe then... should be interesting since a lot of folks here have the deluxe mobo...

Ahh, well sounds interesting enough. Only thing that concerns me is the space between the 2 blue PCIE slots for my Xfire 4850's. I'm using the scythe musashi coolers and space between the 2 is critical.

Unless I can use the 3rd PCIE slot and still get 16x16.

Well guess I have to do the right thing..and test drive it for you guys, lol :cool:

Alot of freakin' work taking the H20 apart and swapping boards. I hope it's worth it. I'm just a tad concerned about my 2 4850's in xfire. Will they fit with the musashi coolers?

Well I decided to check the clearance between the 2 blue PCIE slots with my 4850's. With the aftermarket coolers (Scythe Musashi), there's no space to run both in crossfire unless I go back to stock cooling on them which I won't do. These mofo's run hot as heck.

So it's up for grabs in the classies :-/

Back