• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Chiller #2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sam__

This is my second chiller. It will be for my GPU's when benching mainly. Looking for temps in the -10C to -20C area.

The unit is 7500BTU. I will be using a no-name aquarium pump cos i dont have the ££ for a decent mag drive one. For the GPU's i'll be using two MCW-60s to allow sli or x2 action. The resevior will be a ~25l coolbox with extra unsulation.

The full build log is over at BTUK - http://www.benchtec.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=4498

PICS:
Unit before i got my hands on it -

!B(D6LIQCGk~$(KGrHgoH-DsEjlLl)w!eBK,Y8KDZv!~~_1.JPG

after i got my hands on it -

gpuchill.jpg

some frosty pics -

frost-1.jpg

frost2-1.jpg

after a little while... -10c on the evapm, ambient 25C

temp.jpg

after a little longer... -17c on evap, ambient still 25c

temp2.jpg

in the end it leveled out at -18C.

I'll be posting more pics as it progresses. Im in the process of getting the MCW-60's but still need to buy the Pump,res, and antifreeze.

Really neat Sam. I look forward to following your progress & seeing the video overclock results too. :)

I have a chiller project of my own that I'll get to one day. My design doesn't require much imagination or ingenuity though because I'm going to mod a refrigerated drinking fountain. lol

Back