• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Black ops or maximus 2??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DRaZZ

Hi guys, this may be a silly question but........

Foxconn Black ops X48 DDR3 £80.00

Asus maximus 2 formula P45 DDR2 £150

Asus Rampage formula ROG X48 DDR2 £150

Which board is going to give highest fps in the latest games using a hd4890 and an overclocked E8400 with 4gb of either DDR2/3

I cant decide on which board i should go with here and its holding me back from building the system!

Thanks in advance

DDR3 is a waste of money with an X48 board.
You don't really need an X48 unless you plan on doing a full Xfire setup down the road.
Just get a P5Q Deluxe. It will do the same thing as a MAXIMUS and costs much less.
Be sure to invest in a solid power supply while you are at it.

DDR3 is a waste of money with an X48 board.
You don't really need an X48 unless you plan on doing a full Xfire setup down the road.
Just get a P5Q Deluxe. It will do the same thing as a MAXIMUS and costs much less.
Be sure to invest in a solid power supply while you are at it.

+1 on that :thup:

Well i do plan to add another hd4890 in 2 or 3 months times, corsair tx750 is the psu ill be using. The reason the black ops caught my eye was the £80 price, im just not sure if the DDR3 and X48 chip will give more fps than the ddr2 boards. Its def going to be one of those 3 boards i get, would you say the black ops will give me more fps than the maximus 2 though ?

Thanks for quick reply btw :)

Ps the P5Qdeluxe is only £20 cheaper than the maximus too atm. so the price there isnt an issue really

MIIF is a solid board, it plays very well with dual core CPU's
The Rampage is a beast and I would go with that if choosing between the 2 Asus boards...
the Foxconn I have had no experience so cannot comment

Back