• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EVGA 141 BL. Buy?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It seems that all the x58 mobos can take a D0 easily to 4GHz without fuss... its going beyond 4GHz where the higher end boards shine... but if you are only aiming for 4GHz that board should be fine...

I don't have that particular board but I do have the eVga X58 Micro that uses that same passive NB HS. it looks great and does a good job of pulling heat off the NB but it does get scorching hot 60C+ at idle and the unorthodox shape of the heatsink makes it difficult to attach a fan to it and the ram slots also block the NB HS keeping any crossflow of air from hitting it as well.

i have this board with my 920 at 4.42 ht on..had it at 4.5 but temps are too much for the summer..it does get a little toasty and i plan to put the EK fc block on it when money is better but it runs fine stock imo..im very happy with the board..the only thing im unsure of is why my raid is so slow.. 4 74gb raptors is only ave 150mb/s read when i had 3 on my last build doing 200mb/s on ich9r..

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll41/eluzzionz/920.jpg

Last edited:
Whoa that is a SEXY board!

Yeah, just about ANY board will do 4Ghz on a i7 920. The pricey boards seem to be only worth it for bragging rights, or for the LN2/DI crowd.

I don't have that particular board but I do have the eVga X58 Micro that uses that same passive NB HS. it looks great and does a good job of pulling heat off the NB but it does get scorching hot 60C+ at idle and the unorthodox shape of the heatsink makes it difficult to attach a fan to it and the ram slots also block the NB HS keeping any crossflow of air from hitting it as well.

The NB HS on the 132BL series uses a built in fan and also there is a heatpipe from the NB to SB (which is an ICH10R which doesn't run hot anyway)
I think I'm more into the 132 vs 141 if I do go for EVGA..

Back