• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel DX58SO or EVGA X58 SLI LE?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LawShadow

Hi folks,

Just to makes sure here are my components for now:

Lian li Tyr pcx500 (awesome case)
Be quiet 650W dark power pro
Intel core i7 920 cpu
Motherboard.....?
EVGA GTX260 SC 55nm
Intel Postville SSD G2 80gb (for boot, OS, couple of games, and aplications)
WD black 500gb (for storage)
Mushkin HP3-10666 6 GB, PC3-10666, 1333 MHz, cas 7
Pioneer dvd-rewriter
Cherry Keyboard G80-3000 black
Razer Salmosa mouse

And il watercool the cpu and gpu

I'm interested in the Intel DX58SO but also in the EVGA X58 SLI LE, i cant make a choice between the 2. This is what i want to do a mild overclock to 3.0ghz - 3.2ghz. And i wont be doing SLI. Will use it for gaming, browsing, HD movies, 2d/3d applications, photo rendering.The most important for me is stability, reliability. Wich i think both of these boards are. So what do you recommend me in buying?

Thanks in advance

If all you want is a mild overclock like that, get teh cheapest board possible. Intel is one of the more stable boards, but doesnt clock as high as the high-end boards (I achieved 4.2ghz w/ good voltage, scales terribly after that).

Go w/ a sub $200 board and you will be fine, no need to spend the extra money.

Hi folks,

Just to makes sure here are my components for now:

Lian li Tyr pcx500 (awesome case)
Be quiet 650W dark power pro
Intel core i7 920 cpu
Motherboard.....?
EVGA GTX260 SC 55nm
Intel Postville SSD G2 80gb (for boot, OS, couple of games, and aplications)
WD black 500gb (for storage)
Mushkin HP3-10666 6 GB, PC3-10666, 1333 MHz, cas 7
Pioneer dvd-rewriter
Cherry Keyboard G80-3000 black
Razer Salmosa mouse

And il watercool the cpu and gpu

I'm interested in the Intel DX58SO but also in the EVGA X58 SLI LE, i cant make a choice between the 2. This is what i want to do a mild overclock to 3.0ghz - 3.2ghz. And i wont be doing SLI. Will use it for gaming, browsing, HD movies, 2d/3d applications, photo rendering.The most important for me is stability, reliability. Wich i think both of these boards are. So what do you recommend me in buying?

Thanks in advance

EVGA 141 BL or 131BL
141 is not much more than that Intel board.

Lose that no name PSU. Get something better. Corsair TX range is good in my experience.

Ditch the SSD for a 7200RPM drive and go with a GTX 27 or 285. More performance.

Get 1600Mhz RAM. That CPU wants speed over latency.

Also, overclock, on a decent board, and get an aftermarket cooler. You'd be crazy not to. You can hit guaranteed 4Ghz

Thanks for the reply's guys.

I think il go for the EVGA X58 SLI LE, the reason for the Intel ssd generation 2, i read a lot of reviews and offcourse customer reviews to, and A LOT state it is a good investment. Fast boot, applications just pop up, pc feels much more responsive, sillent. I only use it for OS some applications and some games.

Back