• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GA-EP45-UD3R bios?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KonaKona

Trashcan Man Member
Right well thanks to a tip from a certain ghost recon 88 I updated the bios on my EP45-UD3R. However, the bios happens to not really want to boot much of anything. It posts and then hangs on hard drive select/mdr/qflash or whatever you might choose to boot into, and reboots a bit after. It still boot loops too, so the bios update is basically useless.

And on top of all this, it doesn't seem to think any bios files from the gigabyte site are valid. It seems that any of the files that come from the self extracting 7z junk don't work. Anyone mind finding a file that might work (extracted ep45ud3r.f(number)) or getting the bios file off of their MB?

I really don't want to try and use that grease covered P965 DS3. :(

Before he throws a lot of dirt, I should also note he told me the board wasn't working properly before he attempted this BIOS update ;) Constant rebooting or something :screwy:

If you do a little bit of searching it seems that most of the UD3Rs tend to do this. Stupid gigabytes.

Anyway it seems to be fixed now. Don't use the F10f bios, it's a pig.

EDIT: F9 is pretty bad too, horribly unstable. Back to F4 we go.

Last edited:
Kona im using f9 and never have problems, what are the issues that u know about f9 and f10?

They don't play well with my MB.

I'm gonna go with ghost on this one and blame it on my MB. I'll find out how long RMAs take after I get done eating.

Shame I won't get to blow up this motherboard though.

Back