• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS P6T Overclock???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aruba92

Registered
3.2 Ghz
CPU Ratio 20
CPU Freq.: 160
Core Voltage: 1.28 volts
RAM 1280 Mhz @ 1.6 volts
QPI/DRAM: 1.4 volts

Is this OK I am running prime and after an hour or so she is still stable max at 60 degrees. I am really new to this all and I really don't want to fry my board or processor. Does this look OK? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

P6T
I7-920
6 GB OCZ PC-8500 XMP 1333 Mhz
2 WD Raptors @ RAID 0
MSI NGTX275 Twin Frozen GPU
Corsair 750 Watt PSU
CoolMaster HAF-932

Last edited:
Way too much voltage all around, except for the memory for that speed. If you only want 3.2, you should get that with no voltage increases at all.

This is what I have right now. I can run stable at 1.2375 @ 4.0, but sometimes I can do hours and hours of stress test with no errors and sometimes it fails, so I upped it one step and it has never failed. It just makes no sense that 100+ runs of Linx passes and then later it fails at 50.

volts.jpg

I have the older C0/C1 Revision which require slightly higher voltage. Right now I have my CPU Freq. at 150 with Turbo mode enabled everything else in Auto and that's what I get 1.30 volts on the CPU voltage. That gives me a 3.15 Ghz clock speed when Turbo mode kicks in. I kinda reverted back a bit from the original post.

This is what TurboV shows. The other values were based on Probe II. I suppose this looks better.

Attachments

• Turbov.PNG
    Turbov.PNG
    41.4 KB · Views: 1,091
Last edited:
I finally got mine to 4.016
here are my settings
Here are my settings
C1E enabled
Intel VT Tech Disabled
CPU TM Function enabled
Execute Disabled Bit Disabled
Intel Speed Step Disabled
Intel C-State Tech Disabled
AI Over clock Manual at multi of 20
Bclk Freq 201 for 4.016 GHZ
Dram Freq DDR3 1606 MHz
Ram Timings 9 9 9 24
CPU Voltage 1.26+
QPI Voltage 1.26+ I always set the QPI to the same as the CPU
Dram Voltage 1.7 (Remember this has to be within .5 of the CPU voltage
MB is an ASUS P6T Deluxe V2
Memory is super talent 12800 DDR3
Video Card is GeForce GTX 260
Screen Shot http://i26.tinypic.com/s6oi12.jpg

Way too much voltage all around, except for the memory for that speed. If you only want 3.2, you should get that with no voltage increases at all.

This is what I have right now. I can run stable at 1.2375 @ 4.0, but sometimes I can do hours and hours of stress test with no errors and sometimes it fails, so I upped it one step and it has never failed. It just makes no sense that 100+ runs of Linx passes and then later it fails at 50.

volts.jpg

What are your other settings?

Weird. It worked for me.

Alas, I don't think I will reach 4.3. My P6T suffers from the throttling bug. It's fine until I try 21x205. The multiplier starts jumping from 20.6-21 and won't stay stable. It's a shame too. I had almost completed 40 passes of Linx at 1.35. I tried 20 x 215 at the same voltage and got a BSOD after about 10 minutes. 4300 should be 4300 and not anywhere from 4265-4300. Temps weren't too bad either...about 73. I moved my setup into the dining room. It's cooler out here than in my bedroom.

ok i just got my new setup up and running. tried OCing with turbo v and cant get it up above 170 BCLK. everytime i try the whole system just freezes. tried upping the voltage to 1.24375 still no dice.

now i havent changed anything in bios. is there somethings i need to change? this is my first build and first time overclocking so not really sure of things right now

Yeah...don't use Turbo. Do everything in the BIOS.

Set BCLK to 191
Multiplier to 21x
VCore to 1.30
QTT/DRAM to 1.25
DRAM to 1.6
CIE Off
IEST Off
HT On
Load Line calibration.... I prefer off.

That should get you a stable 4.0. If it is stable tweak your voltages down. That's what I am doing now on my new eVGA board. I currently have 4.0 stable at 1.15625 v core, 1.58 DRAM and trying 1.125 on CPU VTT now and it is stable so far (Yeah, I'll be outside the .5 safety zone, but the way I look at it, the CPU has to be able to handle CPU VTT at stock 1.1 and memory at rated 1.65. At most we're talking .55v.

You have to do one voltage at a time when trying to tweak. You can't set five different voltages at once and try to figure out what cause the failure. Start high...tweak down one step at a time until something fails. One step lower of any voltage I have found the sweet spot on...BSOD in LINX.

Last edited:
Yeah...don't use Turbo. Do everything in the BIOS.

What's wrong with Turbo :shrug:

Set BCLK to 191
Multiplier to 21x
VCore to 1.30
QTT/DRAM to 1.25
DRAM to 1.6
CIE Off
IEST Off
HT On
Load Line calibration.... I prefer off.

That should get you a stable 4.0. If it is stable tweak your voltages down. That's what I am doing now on my new eVGA board. I currently have 4.0 stable at 1.15625 v core, 1.58 DRAM and trying 1.125 on CPU VTT now and it is stable so far (Yeah, I'll be outside the .5 safety zone, but the way I look at it, the CPU has to be able to handle CPU VTT at stock 1.1 and memory at rated 1.65. At most we're talking .55v.

191 x 20 will only get you 3820MHz, not 4000MHz...Daddyjaxx, your CPU is very nice to run that high, with that low vcore...I see your estimate for 1.3V at 4GHz as on the low side for "stability".

Also, IIRC VTT stock is 1.15V...I think you're rolling the dice with your large gap, if you're set on keeping VTT so low, why not lower your vDIMM a bit to match ;) Most DDR3 will run at it's rated speed with only 1.5V these days :beer:

You have to do one voltage at a time when trying to tweak. You can't set five different voltages at once and try to figure out what cause the failure. Start high...tweak down one step at a time until something fails. One step lower of any voltage I have found the sweet spot on...BSOD in LINX.

+1....VERY good advice!

gregers05 said:
well that didnt work. which part would have failed it?

At what point did it fail? Did it even post? Did it make it into Windows?

What's wrong with Turbo :shrug:

191 x 20 will only get you 3820MHz, not 4000MHz...Daddyjaxx, your CPU is very nice to run that high, with that low vcore...I see your estimate for 1.3V at 4GHz as on the low side for "stability".

Also, IIRC VTT stock is 1.15V...I think you're rolling the dice with your large gap, if you're set on keeping VTT so low, why not lower your vDIMM a bit to match ;) Most DDR3 will run at it's rated speed with only 1.5V these days :beer:

+1....VERY good advice!

At what point did it fail? Did it even post? Did it make it into Windows?

when i hit f10 to save and exit bios it restarted and nothing happend. had to turn of the computer then restart it, then said overclock failed

What is the mem multi set to? 2:10? And what's the memory rated at, maybe 1600 as listed in your sig? If so, you're running into a memory limitation at 170MHz bclock, and you need to change that to 2:8 to get higher bclocks.

At 2:10 and 170MHz bclock, you memory is running at 1700 and that seems to be it's limit.

For future reference, when you ask a question, please give as much information as possible to attempt to troubleshoot more quickly.

There are few of bio's to choose from on the XS to stop cpu throttleing ppl were crossflashing now there is a special bios for the deluxe to stop it 0001 or 0006 iirc...

Back