• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anybody Using XFX / EVGA 790i Ultra ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

drBlaMan

Registered
I rarely see people talking about 790i Ultras or FTW (EVGA version) on this site. The most common problems I here are related to bios update, memory issues, and OC'ing (have a hard time believing this one). I have owned this XFX 790i Ultra for about 4 months now (knock on wood) and have not experienced any BSOD or freezes on this mobo. I am currently running @ 3.75MHz 24/7, benchmark using 3.81MHz (got proof), and currently working on an OC of 3.9MHz using air-cooling. OC'ing has not been a problem on this mobo since I had purchased it. Using bios P06 right out the box. Tried bios P08 but it was too buggy and had tried bios P07...had appeared to be fine but not that different from bios P06, so I had flashed back to bios P06 since I really had no problems

I would like to know who is using the 790i Ultra, what type of problems you are having, and how much do you like the mobo?

Last edited:
well i havent used the 790i but if your only running a single card there is very little reason to get the 790i. it is a known fact that NV chipsets run hotter then intel's, though both are actively cooled or using heatpipes in a passive config. for the most part ocing the NV chipsets can be more tricky then intel's, as most people find it to be a breeze. that is if you look at the amd'ers that used either NV or AMD chipsets that moved to all intel setups.

going back to my 680i, i used for a bit. the only problem i had was with fsb holes when using unlinked ram mode. not sure if that is happing on 790i, havent been around much, new job and 60+hrs a week.

Back