• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Would a second PS be helpful?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

clive

Registered
Here is the rig. KR7A raid 2XWD100gig, SB audigy with the live drive (powered), Gainward ti500, CDRW, DVD, Floppy, 256 pc2700, TV wonder PCI, and a nic. Now here is what I think will eat some juice. I have a digital Doc5, two stock fans 80mm, 2 delta high speed 80mm 5700 rpm, Volcano 7 with the stock fan and four USB hubs which are used (keyboard, mouse, printer etc)along with the firewire port. The case is an Antec SX1240 with a p412x 400w ps
http://www.antec-inc.com/product/powers/p412x_spe.htm
I was thinking of adding another ps just for cooling. Would this be neccesary or should I have enough power now? I made add some more things such as lighting later.

The PP-412 is more than adequate for your setup. no need to add a second PSU or a bigger one. The amount of current your fans will draw is nothing compared to those storage devices.

Hoot

Back