• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help GA-EX58-UD5 Boot Issue's.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Loveamegood

Registered
Lets get right down to it I cant get this thing working at all.
I know for some odd reason it says in the manual you have to put ram in the 2,4,6 slots to activate triple channel mode then add more to the rest of the slots 1,3,5.
It works fine if I put a stick in slot 2 and 4 but if I put a 3rd stick in the 6th slot I get memory errors in memtest and I have tested the same stick in the other slots and it passes memtest no problems its only when it goes in slot 6 I get Bsod before I even get into bios or if/when it boots I get errors and then Bsod.
I have even tried bumping up the voltage but it doesnt help.
now here is the odd thing I cant even add memory at all to slots 1,3,5 or I get post code 69 or b6 on the little mobo led thingy and the system just hangs at a black screen.
Does this sound like a bad memory controller or bad memory slots to you guys?
By the way I have tested the memory and cpu in another mobo ud4p like 10 times now and they work great in it but I want to use my new ud5.

Here is my system spec's
Core i7 920 "DO"
Gigabyte GA-EX-UD5
Patriot Viper DDR3 6 x 2GB PC1600
Zotac 8800GT Limmited ED 2GB
WD 500GB HDD 32MB Buffer
Enermax 800w PSU

Try installing the RAM sticks in slots DDR3_1, DDR3_3, and DDR3_5 (the white slots) for triple channel, adjust the DRAM voltage to 1.65v, and timings to 9-9-9-24.

You manually set the 4 primary timings to 9-9-9-24 (CAS Latency Time, tRCD, tRP, and tRAS) on all 3 channels, and adjusted the DRAM Voltage to 1.65v?

Yes sir I sure did but no luck what so ever :(
I think I am going to return the mobo and get a different one.
WHy would you have to put 3 sticks in to turn on triple channel when on my UD4P you can just put all 6 sticks in and it auto detect triple channel mode?

Have you tried setting the XMP to 1600? In addition to manually setting the 4 primary timings to 9-9-9-24, have you also tried changing the Command Rate to 2T? You could also try loosening tRC to 45 and tRFC to 90.

If you haven't already, check out this thread over at the OcUK forums...

D0 I920 and Gigabyte EX58 UD5 issues
http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18011443&highlight=username_plec

Thanks for the link what a read!!
ok well screw this mother board I am having the same problems that guy had.
He temp fixed it by wiggling the actual ram slot so it looks like a big problem with these mobo's so screw it.
I need to place a order asap so what mobo should I go for that has a good rep??

I tried F7 and F8 and no matter what I did it would not work and after talking to gigabyte for an hour they seem to think its the mobo to so I am going to return it and I have already purchased the Asus Gene II.
It turns out that this is a wide spread problem so I cut it lose along with all the BS problems that come with that mobo.
I read countless posts from tons of sites having the same issue's so I really hope I get my new mobo and everything goes well.
Well wish me luck and I will post back when I get my mobo on monday.

I went with one of these myself went I rebuilt, I guess a bit pricier but they had a 4 piece combo deal on the egg att and it running well here.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131365

I guess the CPU, MOBO,RAM, and GPU in here were all bundled at the time and just went for it :)

The boards running pretty nicely though.

The MOBO had the slots set up the way I wanted em was one of the biggest parts there I guess, for a few things I had to transfer to it.

I've been an ASUS fanboy the last couple of years I guess, used to use gigabyte's a lot, hope you have good luck with it

:thup:

Last edited:
Yeah I used to be a huge Asus fan back in the sock A and socket 939 days then for some odd reason I tried gigabyte and became mr gigabyte fan for life and would only buy there mobo's for the last 7 years.
But now that I have been through this ordeal I am having major thoughts to drop gigabyte all together.
Then again I tried a DFI Jr mobo a few months back and had such a crap time with it and there bs RMA center.
I dont know maybe its the recession and all the companies are turning to crap.
Maybe its just me but when I pay $350 for a motherboard I expect the damn thing to work..

Ok guys I am up and running smoth as butter!!
Ups brought my Asus gene II mobo today and what would ya know I was right my old Gigabyte Ud5 is a piece of crap.
I put everything together and didnt have not one problem out of my mobo, Cpu, or 12GB of Ram.
The mobo recognized everything right out of the box.
I will not buy another gigabyte mobo for a while if ever.
Asus is the brand for me and you really do get what you pay for.
I just cant get over how pretty this mob is to look at.

Back