• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A shot at super cheap.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Blaize122

So I have a shot at some cheap mobo options, but me, being a newbie - can't decide if, firstly, they are worth looking at, and if so, which one I should get.

- MSI P45 PLATINUM
- MSI P7N DIAMOND
- ASUS P5Q PRO

I'm talking less than $20, and assume they are all the same price.

I have 4 x 1GB 1066 OCZ Reaper HPC 5-5-5-15 with a Q6600.

What's gonna give me the best options?

The MSI P7N Diamond use Nvidia's 780i chipset, so if you're planning on running multiple Nvidia cards that would be the way to go.

Otherwise I would go for the Asus P5Q Pro, as there are more resources around if you should run into problems with it.

uhh, wow! That is a really good deal, I JUST started looking into getting a new mobo and that PQ5 Pro is a beast AND at newegg its worth like $100! Dude, I don't know how you got this opportunity, but if I were you I would buy about 20 of them :D

and send me one ;)

Hahah, pinkles - I would have bought all three but I don't need them, so I figuered I would let other people looking for a deal have an oppurtunity.

I ended up getting the P5Q pro, although the P7N diamond looked very appealing - I surmised that the P5Q would suit me better because I'm pretty junior to OCing and I know there are plenty of people on this forum with that board- should I run into problems.

Back