• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1080P - Dell E1705

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aaaaaaaaaa

I have a E1705 with:
T7200, Go 7800, 7200.2K 200GB HD, and a 1920x1200 display. I also have CCCP, CoreAVC, and Media Player Classic for HD playback.

I can play all 720p files without lag but many 1080p mkv files lag on this machine.

What is causing the video/audio lag in my 1080p content? CPU, GPU?

- Thanks

Have you tried opening up task manager while playing back HD files to see if your processor is fully loaded? Also, do you have the latest video drivers?

Have you tried opening up task manager while playing back HD files to see if your processor is fully loaded? Also, do you have the latest video drivers?

Good observation; I will check that today.

Yes, I've tried the latest Nvidia and Xtreme-G drivers (currently using the Xtreme-G).

Also, go to the options in MPC, and go to "Output" under "Playback". What's the output mode set to? MPC gives a lot of options for how video gets rendered, and some are faster than others.

Also, go to the options in MPC, and go to "Output" under "Playback". What's the output mode set to? MPC gives a lot of options for how video gets rendered, and some are faster than others.

webfiles.uci.edu/sweeks/shared/mpc1.jpg

Overlay is supposed to be the fastest. You could try some other options, though...I'm wondering if rendering it in 3D forces the graphics card to render it instead of the CPU.

What does task manager say?

Overlay is supposed to be the fastest. You could try some other options, though...I'm wondering if rendering it in 3D forces the graphics card to render it instead of the CPU.

What does task manager say?

I am at work at the moment; I'll report back this evening when I am at home with my 1080P HDD

Back