• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P6T people- are you happy?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Theocnoob

I FINALLY sold my vespa so I'm off to see the egg right after I get back from vacation. I leave in a week.

I was going to get an EVGA board but people all seem quite happy, both here and on newegg, with the P6T. I was thinking P6T Deluxe V2 and a Xigmatec Thor's Hammer cooler with push/pull 120mm addon.

Great to hear. I've been quite pleased with the price vs performance of my current P5QE so I think I want to stick with them. The EVGA I was considering has gotten a few 'off' reviews so I think I'm going to stay away. I WOULD buy EVGA's 131BL but I can't seem to find it and the 121 and 141 that are out now don't really do what I want

This thread needs some negativity, not a lot but maybe a bit. I find the heatsink on the north chipset IOH gets insanely hot without a fan on it. I have some other issues but i don't think they're mobo related.

I was only counting the three 16x slots and not the slots between. Let me rephrase my comment. I wish slots one and FIVE (counting regular PCI) both would run at 16x instead of 16x/8x. Yes, the two blue slots are 16x, which is only single spacing hence my having to spend 20 bucks for the single spaced waterblock connector.

Thus is the reason why I can't use my P6T SE. The space between the 2 PCIE 16x is too tight to fit a double PCI slot cooler. Single card is fine, cannot go crossfire unless I use single slot stock coolers :(

FWIW it's a very smooth and easy to use board. Never has trouble POSTing, good oc recovery, etc just like most higher end ASUS boards.

I think $290 or whatever it's going for now is a bit much though.

Some of you guys are talking about the P6T and the P6T SE and Deluxe.Do all three board have the same layout?If not i think we should state which board we are talking about.I know Neb is talking about his P6T SE

I love my P6T deluxe v1 its been a great board so far.OC's very well and is super stable .

Last edited:
Some of you guys are talking about the P6T and the P6T SE and Deluxe.Do all three board have the same layout?If not i think we should state which board we are talking about.I know Neb is talking about his P6T SE

I love mine its been a great board so far.OC's very well and is super stable .

The OP was referring to:
I was thinking P6T Deluxe V2 .

I just posted the reason why I could'nt use my SE atm.

I believe the meat and potatoes parts are all the same. It's what bells and whistles are a little different (better hs and caps, different controllers, no floppy, etc.) Not counting the supercomputer and revolution that is.

Ok so it sounds like, save for being displeased with the slot layout in some cases, the 'guts' of the board haven't ruined anyone's day.

Gotta love consumer opinion. :D

Thanks guys

A little late to the party but I don't think some more feedback would hurt. I have been very pleased with this board and so far have not run into any major issues. It's a very nice, stable board and overclocks very easily. The BIOS is simple and straightforward, everything you need with nothing there to throw you off. Only things I know of right now to be aware of is that you can only save two BIOS profiles at a time, and there is no way to disable thermal throttling of the CPU in the BIOS if you're using the 21x multiplier (this is a feature of several other boards, but not included in the P6T because ASUS felt that option should be restricted to their "premium" boards). The profile restriction will only matter if you switch between multiple profiles constantly. The CPU throttling is a little annoying if you want to use the 21x multi on a high overclock; you might end up spending more time doing some careful tweaking, or have to lower your overclock.

Only things I know of right now to be aware of is that you can only save two BIOS profiles at a time, and there is no way to disable thermal throttling of the CPU in the BIOS if you're using the 21x multiplier (this is a feature of several other boards, but not included in the P6T because ASUS felt that option should be restricted to their "premium" boards). The profile restriction will only matter if you switch between multiple profiles constantly. The CPU throttling is a little annoying if you want to use the 21x multi on a high overclock; you might end up spending more time doing some careful tweaking, or have to lower your overclock.

This is not quite true. Yes, you can only save two BIOS settings in the BIOS, but you can save as many as you want to a USB drive. You do not have to use thermal throttling for 21x. You can set 21x permanently.

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=615538

Back