• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how to find GPU wattage?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CryptokiD

looking to get a bit more performance out of my 9500gt. i already have it overclocked pretty well using a socket a heatsink with load temps of 45C, but i think it can go quite a bit farther with a peltier.

where would i find out the wattage of a gpu such as my geforce 9500gt? i know i can find the total watts of the entire card, but i am not looking to cool the entire card. just the gpu.

or would anyone have a good quess as to what size peltier i would need to get my gpu to roughly 10C below ambient? i am not looking to freeze the thing. just want to run the gpu a lttle cooler then ambient. also, is a socket 775 aftermarket heatsink going to be enough for a peltier cooled gpu? i dont want to go with water cooling. i thought a big old ait cooled heatsink with a duct to the outside of the case might be enough.

my friend has a bridgeport, so i can pretty much make my own custom cold plates and such.

aftermarket 775 heat sink is very vague, the scythe orochi is an aftermarket heatsink and is 775 but i doubt thats what you intend :p

anyway, there are plenty of heat sinks that may work for a peltier cooled gpu, though i really dont see the point, you'd probably be better off upgrading your graphics card rather than spending more money on all of this cooling if your just looking for more performance then get something that has it. even if you get it so cold youll probably still need volt mods to get it to go high enough to be worth all the work.

Back