• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P5QC, DDR3 1600 Mhz Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sturmtr

Hi,
I am new to forum and also overclocking. I have bought a new pc with the following specs;

Asus P5QC
Intel Core 2 Quad 9400
OCZ XMP Intel Xtreme 2*2 GHZ (1600 MHZ)
Akasa 600 W (High Power)
Asus GTX 275

The problem is that mainboard does not support 1600 MHZ ram. I overclocked cpu to 3.2 Ghz (400*8) without problem, but couldnt succeed with the ram at 1600 Mhz. When I set the fsb to 400, ddr3 1600 Mhz option is enabled at bios. I then set the ram to 1600 Mhz with 7-7-7-24 latency and tried memtest but test had lots of errors (Windows had blue screen a couple times also, paged_fault in non paged area). I tried to raise the nb voltage to 1.34 but failed also, cant raise more not brave enough :). There are lots of options in the board I am not familiar with so all other are at auto. Can you help me ? By the way memtest runs fine at default settings and bios is up to date. Thanks…

You should just try to manual the DRAM volts. Find your meme spec and set this in bios. If its still unstable raise it just a lil bit.

Default timings for XMP Profile 1 are 7-7-7-28 (although tRAS is rated at 24) at 1.9v and 1600 MHz. Give these settings a try...

Code:
AI Overclock Tuner: Manual
DRAM Timing Control: Manual
DRAM Timings to 7-7-7-24 (CAS-TRCD-TRP-TRAS)
Row Refresh Cycle Time: 88 DRAM Clocks

AI Clock Twister: Light or Lighter
DRAM Voltage: 1.90 volts

CPU and PCIE Spread Spectrums: Disabled

C1E Support: Disabled

Sorry was a litlle busy these days. I tried raising the voltage to 1.9 but failed. Dont you think the problem is with the mainboard?

I will try as soon as I get home redduc900 and share the results, thanks all.

try going a little more on the voltage and/or setting the timings to 8-8-8-24. I dont know if you have REF voltages but this helps a lot.

what ram do you have?

Hi,

I tried this config but failed.

AI Overclock Tuner: Manual
DRAM Timings to 7-7-7-28 (CAS-TRCD-TRP-TRAS)
Row Refresh Cycle Time: 88 DRAM Clocks
AI Clock Twister: Light or Lighter
DRAM Voltage: 1.90 volts
CPU and PCIE Spread Spectrums: Disabled
C1E Support: Disabled

I have also tried 1600 MHZ at 9-9-9-24 (auto timings at 1600mhz) and failed too . Do you have any more thoughts, thanks.

For the time being set the NB strap to 3:5 (200/667) at an FSB of 400 MHz, for a resultant 1333 MHz DRAM frequency. Manually set the four primary timings to 7-7-7-28 at 1.9 Vdimm, and all sub-timings on AUTO. Also make sure the memory modules are installed to the orange DIMM slots.

They are currently running at 1333 mhz with 7-7-7-24 timings. Rams are at ddr3 slots checked that also. Couldnt find a ratio in the bios, but found under "fsb to nb strap" some options like 200 MHZ,333 MHZ,400 MHZ; I think you meant that. I didnt change it (auto), I need to make then 1600 mhz mate :)

Hey,

I said that system was stable with 1333 mhz ram but it is not anymore. Tried everthing but failed. Why did this happen? Maybe I damaged rams although didnt raise more then 1,92. Also tried setting fsb to nb strap but nothing.

When I just set to 1333 with all auto memtest gives lots of errors, what is happening please help me.

I can make them run at 800 or 1066 without errors, going crazy...Interesting, when I dont oc cpu no errors at 1333 MHZ :bang head

Last edited:
Can I get a configuration for 3.2 ghz cpu and 1333 mhz ram please ? Maybe I am doing something wrong.

Download MemSet...

http://www.tweakers.fr/memset.html

... and w/ the RAM at 1333 MHz (3:5 divider; 200/667 at an FSB of 400 MHz), post a pic. showing all of your current RAM timings. Only change the four primary timings to 7-7-7-28 at 2.0 VDimm, and leave all of the sub-timings on AUTO. Also fill out this template for the P5Q (this one if from the Pro version, but should be similar to the -C). Disregard the settings in the template, and replace w/ your own...

Code:
ASUS P5Q Pro Template :

AI Overclock tuner: MANUAL
CPU Ratio Setting: 9
FSB Strap to North Bridge: AUTO
FSB Frequency: 445
PCI-E Frequency: 101
DRAM Frequency: 1068

1st Information :

CAS# Latency: 5
DRAM RAS# to CAS# Delay: 5
DRAM RAS# Precharge: 5
DRAM RAS# Activate to Precharge: 15
RAS# to RAS# Delay : 6
Row Refresh Cycle Time: 60
Write Recovery Time: 6
Read to Precharge Time: 4

2nd Information :

READ to WRITE Delay (S/D): 10
Write to Read Delay (S): 4
WRITE to READ Delay (D): 5
READ to READ Delay (S): 6
READ to READ Delay (D): 6
WRITE to WRITE Delay (S): 5
WRITE to WRITE Delay (D): 6

3rd Information :

WRITE to PRE Delay: 14
READ to PRE Delay: 6
PRE to PRE Delay: 1
ALL PRE to ACT Delay: 6
ALL PRE to REF Delay: 6
DRAM Static Read Control: Disabled
DRAM Read Training: Disable
MEM. OC Charger: Auto
AI Clock Twister: Lighter
AI Transaction Booster: Manual
Common Performance Level: 9
Pull-In of CHA PH1: DISABLED
Pull-In of CHA PH2: DISABLED
Pull-In of CHA PH3: DISABLED
Pull-In of CHA PH4: DISABLED
Pull-In of CHB PH1: DISABLED
Pull-In of CHB PH2: DISABLED
Pull-In of CHB PH3: DISABLED
Pull-In of CHB PH4: DISABLED

CPU Voltage: 1.38125
CPU GTL Voltage Reference: AUTO
CPU PLL Voltage: 1.52
FSB Termination Voltage: 1.22
DRAM Voltage: 2.02
NB Voltage: 1.24
SB Voltage: 1.2
PCIE SATA Voltage: 1.6

Load Line Calibration: Disabled
CPU Spread Spectrum: Disabled
PCIE Spread Spectrum: Disabled
CPU Clock Skew : AUTO
NB Clock Skew : AUTO
CPU Margin Enhancement: Optimized

Advanced CPU Settings
CPU Ratio Setting: 8.0
C1E Suppport: Disabled
Max CPUID Value Limit: Disabled
Intel® Virtualization Tech: Disabled
CPU TM Function: Disabled
Execute Disable Bit: Disabled

Hi, I am back, a little more happy today :)

First I have tried 1600 mhz. I have prepared lots of test configs and tried them all. I tested these configs using memtest test 5, for 5 times. Maybe it can help p5qc users. I couldnt raise cpu voltage even one raise, when I do system does not boot up dont know why. Below is my sample bios config.

*I tried raising dram and nb voltage to 2.02 and 1.32 seperatly. Testing at all raise.
*I tried changing fsb strap to north bridge (200,266,333,400). Tested with all of these configs and by rising the voltage for both ram and nb again seperately.
*I tried setting cpu and pcie spectrums to 100 ps.
*I tried setting AI clock twister to Light and Lighter.

Conclusion is I failed, but at the end of 5 fifth test I succeded only getting 2 errors at one. I think a small config can make the system stable.

Best result (2 errors);
*AI clock twister is setted to Lighter.
*fsb strap to north bridge is 200.
*Ram voltage is setted 2.00 and nb 1.2 Volts.
*Manual first timing 7-7-7-28, other timings auto.
*Fsb 400 multiplier 8 = 3.2ghz cpu.
*All other configurations are at auto.

Btw I succeded with 1333 mhz at 3.2 GHZ.
*fsb strap to north bridge is 200.
*Ram voltage is setted 2.00 and nb 1.2 Volts.
*Manual first timing 7-7-7-28, other timings auto.
*Fsb 400 multiplier 8 = 3.2ghz cpu.
*All other configurations are at auto.

Thanks for your patience. I still need help, thank you...

Attachments

• 24082009331.jpg
    24082009331.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 8,020
  • 24082009332.jpg
    24082009332.jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 6,783
  • 24082009333.jpg
    24082009333.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 6,242
Last edited:
Have you tried the XMP profile #1 setting in Ai Overclock Tuner, with all other settings on Auto? I run Crucial Ballistix 1600 at profile #2 without any errors after having tried OCZP318002GK Platinum without success.

I didnt understand what to do with memtest but i got a picture, sorry forgot to upload. Rams are at 1333mhz at dimm2 and dimm4. Do you want me to upload a picture at 1600 mhz?

Where is AI overclock tuner, you meant AI clock twister I think. I dont remember an option like xmp profile, but I will check when I get home.

Thanks...

Attachments

• memset.jpg
    memset.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 5,902
Back