• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is there any

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jediobi1

775 boards that have enough pci slots that my dual slot video cards wont block a pci slot?

Just go to NEWEGG and look at the MOBO layout ...

My GTX285 is only blocking a small slot. all others are usable.

You got 2 HD 4850 and you want to do a CF (crossfire) ?

If yes, i never saw a SLI or CF board that have the 2 PCIe slot side by side. They just do it so you can use 2 dual slot card.

Your Gigabyte board is already ok for this ...
If you use 2 dual slot card, you loose 1 PCI and 1 PCIe 1x

LOL, my board is so old it only has 1 pci-e slot :D

If I were you, and if you are going to water cool them, some brands (XFX, EVGA) make cards with the waterblock already on it and they only take up 1 slot, and I think they are a good deal too! I would get those!

LOL, my board is so old it only has 1 pci-e slot :D

If I were you, and if you are going to water cool them, some brands (XFX, EVGA) make cards with the waterblock already on it and they only take up 1 slot, and I think they are a good deal too! I would get those!

basicly the only way for me to get a pci slot back so i can use my tv tuner card is to water cool one or both of my video cards

basicly the only way for me to get a pci slot back so i can use my tv tuner card is to water cool one or both of my video cards

all depends if this was a matx mobo with the pci on the bottom you could use a flexible pci riser slot in a full atx case. im assuming your already using a full atx case so something close to that. in this case it seems your only choice is to water cool the gpus if you want/need to use the pci slot...

all depends if this was a matx mobo with the pci on the bottom you could use a flexible pci riser slot in a full atx case. im assuming your already using a full atx case so something close to that. in this case it seems your only choice is to water cool the gpus if you want/need to use the pci slot...

im using an antec 900 but im going to be upgrading to the 1200 so i guess i could water cool both cards after that

Back