• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte X58 UD5P or ASUS P6T Deluxe V2?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Raul-7

Registered
I'm trying to decide between these two boards for my upcoming build, which one is better overall? More OC friendly?

i was in the exact same position as you, and really the only difference between the boards is
the brand
the looks
in benchmarks there is hardly any difference between the two, and in game benchmarks there is never a difference if a few fps's
after reading other users overclocks it both boards will do over 4.2 easily,
also i hear people saying asus bards have very easy overclocking options...but from me experience the ud5 is only slightly more complicated
Take a look at the tons hardware i7 motherboard roundup
so really it boils down two: what one is cheaper, and what one has a better board layout/looks?...........Eventually i went for the Ex58-extrene (same as ud5 but with a different heatsink) because i found it $20 cheaper than the p6t v2 and the ud5 on ebay :)

p.s sorry for the rushed answer but i think i got everything in there

I've heard many people say the UD5P is one of the best OCing boards up until you get up to the next price range, like a Rampage Extreme II or EVGA Classified. But I'd trust both of them, you really couldn't go wrong either way.

I've used both and it's a really tough call. Just go with whatever is cheaper...you won't be disappointed.

Thanks for all the advice, seems like I'm leaning towards ASUS for their reliability and ease of OC.

I'm still tweaking my Asus atm, but I like it.

:beer:

I used to use Gigabyte for AMD setup's years back so I honestly can't say how they are on X58, but I've become a ASUS fanboy the about the last 3 builds I guess.

Had a Gigabyte die on me from capacitors leaking once, I doubt that happens these days though.

Used a EVGA 780i in there somewhere that is a very good board too, its still running my wifes computer :)

Getting this thing stable to 4.2 on prime tests extended isn't doable here yet with HT on though, but I havent had it long and still messing around.

Least on air.

Last edited:
Back