• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P5N32-E SLI up to 445MHz FSB!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MasterRy88

Hey guys I was having some serious problems getting past 400MHz FSB with this board and I figured out there was a huge hole, I had to jump to 420 to get over it.

Is this a good OC on this board, with air cooling?

I heard these boards are pretty problematic so im pretty happy I was able to get it to 445Mhz.

Screenie at the bottom

Rig:
Intel C2D E8500 @ 4.23Ghz
corsair dominator xms2 800mhz 4-4-4-12
Asus p5n32-e sli
antec earthwatts 500W psu
GeForce 8800GTX
antec nine hundred two
seagate 750GB hd
wd 160GB raptor hd
windows Vista 64-bit

Attachments

• 4.227SCREEN.jpg
    4.227SCREEN.jpg
    191.5 KB · Views: 447
nice one.

Did you have aftermarket cooling on the NB or at least added a fan in front of it ?

The NB gets REALLY hot on the board.

Yes I do, I just have a 40mm fan scrwed into the HS fins, I have NO way of monitoring my NB temps (except for an external probe which I put through the fins before the fan and it was reading 60C) but I know it was hot before that and im sure the fan didnt cause it to be HOTTER so I think im alright, I want to push this baby further tho, my settings gave me a little head room

Im already having fun. I never knew how much excitment you can get out of OCing, its like drugs!!!!

your right about it ;)

I think of buying a E8600 just for the fun of OFing to 4.5ghz +++

yeah that was the origional reason I got an E8500 over a quad core (this was about year and a half ago) was beause a higher clocked dual is better for gaming than a lower clocked quad (at least thats the general thought) plus who doesnt wanna run a chip at least a full 1Ghz above stock

sweeeeeet ive got mine a lil over 1 and trying to hit 4.5Ghz in the end, on air, which might be a little optomistic

Quads are harder to OC. Thats why im seeking the internet and if i see a nice deal on a E8600 ill take it.

Im mostly gaming, if the E8600 really beat my quad ill let it in. If not ill just sell it back or stick it to my HTPC and sell my E5200 ...

Yeah im most in it for gaming as well. I have a QX6850 that I havent even booted up yet because im still loving this E8500. And on the p5n32-e sli I hear that they dont like quads nearly as much as duals.....

Back