• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Understanding the Voltage setting on my EP45

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

{pdX}Canadatron

I don't know why they have to make this hard! In my BIOS set up you have the default CPU voltage value, which is like 1.25v, then there is a value that you can select in boxes which would be predetermined. Are these values ADDED to the 1.25 or does it change the voltage to 1 volt plus the value behind the decimal?

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "predetermined", but when you highlight and select a setting like CPU Vcore for example, besides the value shown under the "Normal" column (the VID / Voltage ID of the chip), the selectable values in the drop-down menu are actual voltages. So in your case w/ a 1.250 VID chip ("Normal" value), let's say you highlight and select 1.27000v, after saving and exiting the BIOS the new ("Current") Vcore will be 1.270v... an increase of .02v

Back