• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EVGA's P55 Lineup Revealed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Alien432

Tech Savvy Member
EVGA P55 FTW Lynnfield Motherboard Preview
+
EVGA's P55 Lineup Revealed

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/foru...herboard-lineup-revealed-p55-ftw-preview.html

P55-FTW-10.jpg

I still can't see the point of doing a 2 channel DDR 3 solution with it's own socket.
I think they should have just extended the life of the 775 socket honestly...

I'm sure 1156 is considerably better, regardless. I just think this kind of thing confuses a lot of consumers. If I made CPU's- which of course, I don't :), I think I'd try to stick to one socket at a time. It'd be good for the not-so-knowledgeable, but can still swap parts people. I have an Intel board, it's reasonably current, I know it'll take any current chip. It'd be nice.

Welcome to AMD :p ,where sockets live for few generations :p , but really intel has the money for RnD so it makes sense for them to bring new stuff no matter how little more performance it brings .

umm are you kidding me? extend LGA775, do you know how long it has been around? lga775 happens to be one of intels longest running sockets ever for a cpu. i cant think of any other socket that has lasted this long. if you took a look you can find DDR3 lLGA775 boards.

if there werent different sockets then we would all be paying server prices for non-ocing motherboards. if they were nice they might give a few ocing features... more sockets is good, it is called job security for the IT field.

Last edited:
Back