• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Change to P6T SE and overclock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

truelies1

For my initial Dell 435MT,

After changed the case, I bought a ASUS P6T SE, will change the motherboard. I have following questions need to be solved

1. The i7 920 will go to 3.66GHz, Is the original CPU cooling good enough?

2. After change to the P6T, anyway don't need to install Vista 64bit?

3. May need to go to buy some thermal paste?

The corrent power is Corsair 850TX

1. just monitor your temps and how they are.

2. after making such a drastic change in motherboards you will more than likely have to reinstall, you could try a "win repair" but its best to just reinstall.

3. yes you will have to buy some paste to replace when you remount your heatsink

and welcome to the forums :welcome:

I'd get thermal paste and something better than the stock cooler to get past there Id think.

3.66, it's probably getting up to where it's starting to get a litttle toasty with that stock cooler.

The cooler looks large. I am wondering if it needs to be changed. See the picture. Is this the intel original cooler?

I'd get thermal paste and something better than the stock cooler to get past there Id think.

3.66, it's probably getting up to where it's starting to get a litttle toasty with that stock cooler.

Attachments

• img2359mo5.jpg
    img2359mo5.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 214
Didn't notice the stars or lack there of...my bad. I don't have experience with the Thermalright, but you may have issues with it fitting being that close to the PSU.

Yeah, thermalright is 160mm tall, looks like it can't fit for some cases

Didn't notice the stars or lack there of...my bad. I don't have experience with the Thermalright, but you may have issues with it fitting being that close to the PSU.

Back