• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus Rampage Extreme: totally hosed; Help?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ned3000

Registered
I smelled something burning the other day and traced it the computer. Pump (swiftech 355) had failed but I'm still not sure what the burnt smell was coming from. I'm hoping it was the pump and not the video card.

In the process of replacing the pump I powered it up a few times and everything seemed normal, but then when everything was reassembled I wasn't getting anything on the screen.

The LCD poster was sticking on "INIT ROM." I cleared the CMOS and then it said "CMOS ERR." I can't tell if pressing Del gets me into the BIOS because there's nothing on the damn screen.

Anyone know of a way that I can confirm whether or not I've destroyed my absurdly overpriced nvidia 280?

In the interest of full disclosure: I put the new pump on top of the case to bleed the loop and there was a leak; some "non conductive" fluid (Fluid XP) did overflow through the fan holes and drip onto the card.

Back