• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Laptop keyboard and mouse problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

woca

Whenever I am using my touchpad, then hold a key, I can no longer move the mouse with the touchpad. If I hold any key then try using my touchpad the mosue won;t move. However, if I plug in a mouse, I can use that and whole down keys.

Do anybody know how to fix this

try new drivers for the touchpad/chipset

even though its bulit in its still probally using USB and it sounds like there may be some sort of interference when you try to do that, weither it be IRQ or data stream or what ever that is funky

i forgot about drivers. it didnt work though

thanks for tip though, i now have drivers for other stuff

it's odd because when i'm starting up windows i can use keyboard and touchapd - i was moving mouse, hit w, and it highlighted WoW icon and i was still able to move mouse

Check the drivers behind the keyboard. Read up on the driver site on the company page. Some drivers out right now are having trouble w/ the current mobo drivers out. That did it for me

i'm not entirely sure what I should be looking up - i went to acer's site and updated all the drivers for this laptop. If i remember correctly none were for keyboard, and if there was a driver for keyboard i'm not sure where i would find it

there seems to be a bios update - i have never flashed my bios - is it now essentially just installing new drivers?

Back