• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fastest CPU i can buy for my HP DV9500 CTO

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

radi4fun

i was looking to upgrade my cpu on the laptop and i was looking at the online manuel for the DV9500 CTO at HP.com and i could not find what motherboard my laptop has. I am currently running T7500 2.2GHz core 2 duo and i think its running a bit slow so i wanted to upgeade it. Am i able to add any of the T/P series Intel Core 2 Duo Processors on this laptop? i looked my T7500 on processorfinder.intel.com and there are like 4 diffrent editions on the T7500 and it did not give me any info on what socket/mb this chip runs with. what is the easiest way to find out what MB this HP laptop has so i can figure out if i am able to add ANY 65nm and some 45nm, and to see if this laptop will take the quad core mobile processor Q9000 with 45nm and its Bus Speed of 1066Mhz. i would love to buy a Q9000 2.0Ghz and put it in place of the T7500. that would be some AWESOME improvement over the current cpu. and then i might be able to play some of my online racing games with NO lag.

thanks in advance for everyone that tries to help me :beer:

You can get cpu-z, which should tell you some information. What you also have to consider is if the laptop can handle the heat output of a quad.

also some manufacturers make it so that the processor and vid card particularly are not user upgradable. Thats something else you may want to consider before buying

got the cpu-z and it says the MB is Quanta model 30CB. Chipset PM965 Rev. C0.

on the servise manuel it tells me how to replace cpu. and on the manuel, the T7700 is the highest and i can upgrade to that. i looked online for more than 2 hours searching the Quanta 30CB specs and stuff, but i could find nothing. i could not find a single forum/site that told me what cpu the Quanta 30CB supports. the onlything i found was some one that had a Quanta 30CB OM965 was running a T9300 in their DV9700. but i still found no site that tells me what are the cpu limitations on the dumb Quanta 30CB. i'm getting frustrated now after looking around for more than 2 hours. can't even find a Quanta support forums lol....

Back