• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TP43D2-A7 won't go above 420mhz?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gabkicks

I can't get my computer to post above 420mhz. I bought this motherboard because I thought it would be a good overclocker, but it seems like the limiting factor in me hitting 4+ ghz. I tried playing w/ ram and voltages, and that doesn't seem to make any difference.. I have a C0 e8400, but I'm pretty sure it's not the CPU's fault. I changed the multiplier, and still cant go over 420fsb.:bang head

Has anyone gotten over 420mhz w/ this motherboard?

I feel like i got tricked. newegg listed it as some world record holding motherboard, yet In the recent comments, other people also run into the 420mhz wall :(
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductReview.aspx?Item=N82E16813138122

Last edited:
You cant run into world record with a 89$ mobo ;)

Settings ? NB,SB,PLL,Vram, timing ? and others ?

I'm at 3.78ghz now @ 1.31v for cpu but 1.25 is probably enough. memory is at 2.1 5-5-5-15. rcomp configuration is set to auto, tREAD is auto.

nb/sb voltage 1.28v. FSB voltage 1.216v cpu voltage 1.296v. ddr voltage 2.064v
pll voltage 1.6v, vtt.65,

get your FSB term higher. And maybe the NB. SB is ok.

CPU - 1.3+
NB - 1.3+
SB - 1.2
FSBterm - 1.3+
Dram - your ram spec since you dont seems to OC it. you can run MEMTEST86 to ensure its not your RAM the limiting factor.

i ran memtest for 12 hours and got no errors, i ran it before for 24 and got no errors. I am pretty sure it's maybe the limit of the motherbaord. I tried the voltages you recommended. I tried recommended timings posted by manufacturer for most of timings.

Yes. The PLL is the volts that are used by the CPU to clock using the multi

Simple version : The cpu have an internal clock. This clock use the multi and the FSB to create the CPU speed ( 450 x 8.5 in my case ). This is the PLL, the clock volts.

Hmmm Other than being a low end board I would think a P43 would do better than that.

good thing you don't have a realy low multi cpu like my Q8200 because 420fsb would barley get you 3ghz LOL

FSB voltage was only at 1.0xx I didn't see any option to modify fsb voltage in BIOS, so i was going to try through software...:/ My pc won't even start now. i think the constant restarting maybe killed it? I tested the power supply on another pc, and that still works... but with my pc, it won't even turn on :(

Try reseting the Cmos. Moving the jumper.

If this dont work

Remove batt and power cord for 30 min.

ah, i think I put the jumper on backwards, or missed a pin, because it is working now after another try :). I raised FSB voltage using the software, but I still can't get above 420fsb. i think that may be the limit to this motherboard.

I wish Tom's hardware had done the review before i bought the Mobo :p they ran into the same problem. oh well.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/intel-p45-core,2110-21.html

This review really seems to point your problem ... well you can still try. Not all board are born equal, its like CPU.

Back