• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P6T dlx v2 not giving me video, need help :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sjaak

Ola!

Very recently bought parts for a new rig, and I'm having trouble getting it to run.

asus p6t dlx v2
core i7 920 w/ scythe mugen
ocz gold xtc 3x 2gb
xfx 4890 1gb

+ ocz 500w silentstream psu and other misc. crap

I've got it assembled now, vga cpu ram, and it's not giving me video.

Thing's I've tried:

- swapping out vga with x1950xt. neither works on the p6t, both work on my other rig
- trying different memory configurations. trip/dual channel, changing places for the dimms
- reset bios using battery

notes:

- when booting it will give a single beep, then be quiet for 20-30s and give another beep
- numlock on kb is responsive - this rules out a faulty cpu doesn't it?

I've been out of the run for awhile, halp me :D

- Sjaak.

CPU is SLBEJ, D0, but, things just got very weird.

I tried two monitors on the DVI output, no dice. BUT THEN i decided what the hell and connected my tv using hdmi connector...and it worked. I installed win7, all was well etc etc, but then i rebooted and now its back to where i was before, no screen, not on dvi or hdmi.

blue led next to ram slots is on, and the system *was* working half an hour ago

just skimmed through that thread, will try a few things mentioned there..

I now have both my tv and a regular monitor connected..

currently it is not giving me video on the tv (says: check cable) but it does work on the regular monitor (secondary screen, dvi)

this is confusing the hell outta me :S

i installed the ati drivers and they refuse to detect the tv - it wont give me an image on the hdmi period.

im thinking this might be the video card or combination of vga and mobo..

Last edited:
Back