• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cheap Mother Board for E5200

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Maplesyrup

Ok, Firstly I am the ultimate noob, so If you could simplify it would be absolutely fantastic!!! Im really eager to build a Pc that I could game on and OC. My lappy just wont cut it. I've decided to use the Intel E5200 (everywhere I read has something good to say) but im lost everywhere else. Because this is my learner pc im also interested in a bit of Over clocking so I would love headroom for that. Other things I would love to have on my mobo would be 4 gig of ram and to be able to put a saphire hd 4770 on. I would really appreciate some help or constructive criticism on my choices. Preferably under $120 aus on the mobo.

If you want cheap, pick up an ECS G31 mobo, bout $40 here in the states and took my e5200 to 3.2ghz.
The Gigabyte G31 board costs more, but is more overclocking friendly.

Ram wise, if you're going the ECS route you need low voltage ram as it has no voltage adjustment capability, if you're going the gigabyte route any ram is fine.

Asus P5KPL-AM-PS Motherboard and Gigabyte GA-945GCM-S2L Motherboard both are cheap and have moderate overclocking capabilities.

get an msi p43 for $75....it has pci-express 2.0 for the ati 4770, the g31 boards dont have it

Back