• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help finding Laptop with parallel port onboard...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fritzman

I have a mate here who is looking to replace a laptop they use in a corporate environment, and requires the use of a parallel port dongle in order to use a piece of software they run.

It will not work with a port-replicator or docking station parallel port... it simply has to be on the motherboard.

I have hunted and hunted and can't find one anywhere.:bang head

I heard rumours of a Lenovo one being produced in the U.K. a year or so ago that had a big screen, and a parallel port onboard... it was apparently designed for CAD use, but no-one in New Zealand seems to know anything about it.

I would really value a hand here please (preferably with links)

Thanks team.

Last edited:
USB to parallel will not work?

Older laptops

Hewlett Packard NC6000

Toshiba Tecra A3

Hewlett Packard Compaq Mobile Workstation nw8000

Thinkpad T42 (actually all the older thinkpads had them at least up to the X40 series (T R or G)

Last edited:
I listed some older ones, mostly looking at P3-M altohugh there is a celeron D Pentium optinion in the G42/3 series thinkpads

Thanks bud... I am really looking for a 'business-class' model with plenty of grunt and a possible 4Gb ram if possible, or even better... a brand new one.

Back