• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Clearing CMOS properly

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ree

Registered
I have a Rampage Formula. The CLRTC_SW is set to Disabled. If I remove the battery, leave it out for some time and put it back in, will this clear CMOS data properly? Do I need to use the "Clear CMOS" button on the I/O port panel in addition to removing the battery?

In short, I'm looking for the most reliable way to clear CMOS for this particular board.

I usually flip the switch on my psu to cut the jo0s, then hit the power, to discharge the ****, and hit the cmos clear button in the back. If I really screwed it up, i do everything i just said, and pull my gpu to get to the battery, and let it sit out of the machine for a bit.

For most things, just flipping the psu switch off, then back on will bring it back to life enough for you to get into the bios and make your changes :thup:

Avoid the newest bios, it really sucks donkey bawls.

Or maybe its just me :shrug:

:D

OK, when taking out the battery, does it matter whether CLRTC_SW is set to Enabled or Disabled? I assume not.

I have a Rampage Formula. The CLRTC_SW is set to Disabled. If I remove the battery, leave it out for some time and put it back in, will this clear CMOS data properly? Do I need to use the "Clear CMOS" button on the I/O port panel in addition to removing the battery?

In short, I'm looking for the most reliable way to clear CMOS for this particular board.

Make sure the CMOS jumper is set to clear the RTC as well. Give it a good 10 min or so.;)

Back