• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

For all of you netbook/slow ssd users

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

custom90gt

Well I was playing around on the mini, installing windows 7 and looking for ways to make it a little faster when I came across this. I decided to try it and was impressed by the results. Well if you know me, you know I can't leave well enough alone.
flashfire uses 32mb of ram as a buffer for your slow ssd, so I thought, well what about 64mb or 128mb... So I looked around in the registry and found out where ffire keeps its preferences and played around. The registry entry is under
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\services\ffire\Parameters]
to set up 64mb of cache you would change "BufferSize"=dword:00000020 to "BufferSize"=dword:00000040
After hours of testing (I need a life), I've concluded that the 64mb cache is the best. Anyway, the mini seems much faster in just about everything I do, so my
guess is this may benefit other users as well.

I also ran across this little program. It overclocks your intelgma and works really well. Now I'll be able to play my 10 year old games, lol.

Attachments

• wo ffire.png
    wo ffire.png
    13.8 KB · Views: 570
  • ffire 32mb.png
    ffire 32mb.png
    48.4 KB · Views: 560
  • ffire 64mb.png
    ffire 64mb.png
    40.7 KB · Views: 572
Never mind sequential, test the usual SSD parameters like random 4k writes and IOPS. Good to see it does work, too bad there is no 64bit version.

Well I got the chance to run IOmeter and CrystalMark. Im not sure why Crystal Marks Seq writes went down so much...
I ran IOmeter using 4kb 100% random 50% writes... Ive never used IOmeter before, so Im not sure how most people set it up.

Attachments

• crystal wo ff.png
    crystal wo ff.png
    19 KB · Views: 529
  • crystal w ff.png
    crystal w ff.png
    18.2 KB · Views: 543
  • io wo ff.png
    io wo ff.png
    47.3 KB · Views: 552
  • io w ff.png
    io w ff.png
    47.4 KB · Views: 552
bump, you would think this would help someone out. 112 views and 1 actual response...

Back