• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any more options left..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

visitkans

Hi guys,

I recently got the Acer ferrari 1100 to replace my 3 year old notebook, got it at a good price thats why :)

Vista was on it, and already had 4 blue screens in an hour, so formatted and installed Win 7 and my Broadcom wireless is giving me nightmares.

The chip is a Broadcom 4328 Draft 802.11a/b/g/n wireless as shown in the Hardware Ids in device manger.

None of the driver i tried till now seem to work with it, the default Win 7 drivers seem to install the 4321 a/b/g drivers and the connection holds for a couple of minutes and then no access to the internet, searched google and tried different options from installing the Dell 1500 drivers R15157 and a couple of other ones as cited, no go,

Am not able to get the proper BCM4328 drivers for this card for Win7, anybody having similar issue with this card and have any drivers that i can try or anything else that i can do.

Have you tried using the Vista driver for it? A lot of Vista drivers do work with Win7. I have the Vista drivers running a lot of the parts in my rig, running build 7100, and haven't had a single driver related issue, except from Creative, the beta driver for my sound card did not want to work for some reason, so I got rid of it and went with the Vista driver, and all is running nice and smooth.

Initially it ran the win7 default, as that had issues, downloaded the vista drivers from Acer site, no go, then on to the dell drivers too, many suggest the bcmwl5.inf file has worked on ubuntu, but for me no go on win7, am going to re-install win 7 and just try using the bcmwl5 to see if it works :(

I actually owned this very model laptop and can vouch for the odd behaviour from its wireless. I had issues with dropped drivers, vastly slow connection speed in Windows and Linux along with blue screens in Windows and lockups in Linux when using wireless.

Eventually it was resolved by buying netgear wireless for it. After this it would no longer blue screen or lockup.

Acer support was as much use as a chocolate tea pot
I honestly hope that your experience of the product is better than mine

mine was a uk spec model as well, im a Londoner as well :D

Back