• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Kinda funky new ASUS board as Id been looking at reviews

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ya know with the size of coolers on video cards anymore, you think they could knock the price down a couple of bucks and ONLY put pcie 16x slots on there.

Other than the ceramic backplate, which we will have to find out how well it works with extreme cooling, nothing else seems to make much sense.

Onboard UPS... How is that going to fit in a case? Also going to make shipping a 60+ pound motherboard really expensive :)

MILSPEC FETs is nice, thats a gimmie though, not really an innovation.

Yeah like I said it just looks different, supposed to be more a rugged envirionment type of thing I guess.

If that ceramic setup does work for heat dissapation like it says though, might be interesting to see what it can do.

I'm recovering from a major screw up the other day and kicking my self in the head ATM, was just cruising around checking things out and saw that.

I guess the idea of the ceramic backplate would be to have a higher end computer that would just function at all at higher temperatures in the field I guess.

Last edited:
Yah I have seen back of motherboard cooling implemeneted a couple of times, nothing to that degree however.

Had that crazy heatinsk that also had heatpips running off the backside of the socket. Couple of cases with fan spots for the backside of the boards etc.

The entire board however wow. Still I guess withthe really powerhungry/heatthrowing CPUs out nowadays, along with wicked ocing DDR3 (not more energy efficient I imagine since we seem to be getting more and more phases on DIMMs) chipsets and juice pig video cards... guess it all adds up and it COULD be a benefit

I was curious about the extreeme cooling probablitlties/consequences. Does the ceramic backplate elimate the possibilty of using anyitnhg but a stock mounting mechanism for heatinsk. Is it completely air tight and sealed to the board? Preventing condensation and stuff

It is a neat little design though kinda cool looking.

Back