• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dual Screen Laptops coming Soon!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Comedy.

is it a transformer or Gobot?

oh its a transformer... ive seen the price tag #Chuckles#

heavy object in disguise #Laughs#

get a nice watercooled tower machine for that money... but if your rich and fancy a fold out office in a bag, why not.

Ehhhh, not sure I see the point.

Generally anyone who needs two monitors for work, wont use a laptop.

If sed person needed to travel a lot, they wouldnt want the extra weight and bulk of that thing either.

lots of memory, SDA Drives, two screens :rolleyes: might appeal to some. The price quoted is not correct though.

wouldn't mind a tablet with two screens instead of a keyboard/trackpad. you could hold it like an open book =)

IMO laptops should be portable... i doubt that is... i love my netbook its portable and does what a laptop should, when i need performance i go to my desktop.

I think the perfect screen size is the now emerging 11ish in screened laptops.

This will most certainly be a desktop replacement laptop, which IMO, is not a real laptop. Overall Boo, but good innovation.

Alright lets play Devil's Advocate:

Okay, yes, this laptop will be a little brick wall in your suitcase, but what about those constantly on-the-go engineers or whoever that actually need the power of a desktop, but the conditions are uncalled for. I don't think you would want to move your desktop everyday from office to office, and what if you need to revise something quickly just before your project is due. There is a use for this laptop for professionals, but for an average power user this will be overkill. Just because it seems unnecessary to us doesn't mean it is for others; it's no different then telling IBM that they are stupid for making a powerful super-computers that only a handful amount of corporations will need. I know that this laptop is huge, but it is still a laptop, and it is portable.

I think this is awesome....this is perfect for people on the go. It's maybe 1/3-1/2" thicker at most. If you all are too weak to carry around a 10 lb laptop...well stick with your net books, people who need power and productivity can't use those.

I use a 17" desktop replacement as my travel laptop (have my 3 screened desktop at home of course)...and I never have any issue...this is only 15"!

Of the people who are bashing this, who uses dual monitors on thier desktop even? If you don't use it on your desktop, you really wouldn't understand.

Back