• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P6T Deluxe V2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

IcedOutCpu

Registered
Anyone having issues with the Optical Out on this motherboard? I tried connecting it to my home reciever but there were no sound (HD audio driver was installed). Is there something I need to enable or turn on somewhere?

I have not tried using Coax though from the SPDIF out.

I will have to check when I get home, but I believe there is a check box for digital out in the audio control panel for the marvell software.

Yes, there is and I did checked that but still no sound from the speakers of my home reciever. I also noticed that the optical cable isn't lit up on the other end for the reciever. Isn't weird? There should be a red light right?

Did you go to Control Panel > Sound > Playback > Enable Digital Out and set as default? Please double check.

^ No I have not done this.. I had setup the Optical Out on the ADI Software that comes with the mobo.

I'll try this one out later when I got home. Thanks!

let us know what happens. im planning on having this board in my build and will be using the optical out as well

Or just right click on the sound icon in your toolbar and get the options up there then select playback options, gets you to same place in the control panel and faster.

Is how I switch from my headphones to my receiver and back quickly.

:beer:

You check to see if your sample rate is 44.0 Khz or 48.0 Khz. I know on my receiver can't use anything higher 96.0 Khz, and 192.0 Khz.

Back