• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

wont start up

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AmdPopper

Registered
i have a AMD machine i build 1.33mhz and it wont startup right. when i shut it off i have to turn the power switch in the BACK off so next time i turn the swirch on and press the button it will boot. now then the button on the front wont turn the computer off when it crashes like when im playing Diablo 2 and the game crashes i have to turn the back power switch off and LEAVE it for like 5 min before it will even think about booting up again any idea people ill try anything

That is most-likely the short protection in the power
supply that is causing it to not want to start.
However it is rare that you will have that issue more
than a few times in the life of the power supply.
You may have a bad supply or a short.

As for the power button to shut off the comp when it
crashes, hold it for about 4-6 seconds or so, that should
solve that issue. In most ATX systems pressing the button
will cause the system to go into suspend mode.

Yeah that is almost definatly a shorting issue, I got that when i acccidentally put my unsheilded inverter on my case bottom :eek: wouldnt turn on for a couple minutes afterward. Either something inside the PSU is shorting, or you may have an exposed connection shorting out somewhere. If you have an inverter(you do if you have cathode/neon) made sure it is insulated.

Back